It is always such a treat to spend a few indulgent days away with the ones you love, but we know that once you’ve organised getting everyone together and booked the accommodation, sometimes the last thing you want to do is plan an itinerary of activities for the whole gang too. So, how about picking one of our holiday cottages for large groups that are full to the brim with on-site activities?
Seek out gorgeous large group accommodation with swimming pools where you can spend the day lazing in the sun before taking a refreshing dip, search for big houses where there are sports and games to appeal to your competitive side, or find somewhere to stay with spa facilities on site for the ultimate indulgent break away.
We’ve rounded up our favourite large group accommodation with on-site activities in the UK so you can enjoy a getaway with the ones you love most and rest assured that every guest will be thoroughly entertained while you’re there.
Bodweni Hall | Bala, North Wales – sleeps 27
- The action-packed water activities which are available to book with the owner
- Fishing in your own private river
- Relaxing in the hot tub after a day of adventures
Set in 75 acres of grounds close to the picturesque River Dee, this gorgeous country boasts enough activities to keep you all occupied for days. Spend your days fishing on the river, taking part in water activities or exploring the breathtaking landscapes of Southern Snowdonia, and your evenings relaxing in the hot tub, watching a film in the 14-seater cinema room or challenging yourselves in the games room.
- Exploring the River Tamar by paddleboard
- Getting competitive in the games room or with a 4x4 off-roading experience
- Unwinding in the heated swimming pool
This elegant castle on the banks of the River Tamar offers refined large group accommodation with plenty to see and do. The active ones in the group will love the chance to go stand up paddleboarding or 4x4 off-roading while those seeking a little R&R will adore the outdoor heated swimming pool, an afternoon of wine tasting or a peaceful boat trip down the river. For a completely unforgettable break with a group of friends or family this exquisite large group accommodation is sure to tick all the right boxes.
Langman Manor | Bruton, Somerset – sleeps 49
- Partying the night away in the basement casino and disco
- Having your own spa day with the indoor pool, Jacuzzi, gym and sauna
- Challenging yourself on the on-site golf course, fishing lake and tennis courts
Become lord or lady of your very own manor with a stay at this 16th-century property in Somerset, where you can fill your days with a combination of traditional and modern country pursuits. The 1,500-acre estate offers activities such as golf, fishing and tennis without you even having to leave the grounds, while the manor itself is the perfect setting for a rip-roaring party, complete with a ballroom, disco and even a casino!
Edradynate House | Aberfeldy, Perth and Kinross – sleeps 16
- Fishing on the two trout lochs nearby
- Trying your hand at clay pigeon shooting
- Making use of the owner’s membership of Strathtay Golf Club
This grand country house is a brilliant option for large group holidays packed with traditional country activities, for example, a stag do or big birthday celebration. Choose from fishing and clay pigeon shooting, available with prior arrangement, or play a round of golf at the nearby club. Then return to your sophisticated country pile for a dram of whisky in the billiards room – in Scotland, it would be rude not to!
The Big Oak Barn | Glastonbury, Somerset – sleeps 8
- Getting competitive with clay pigeon shooting
- Playing in the enclosed paddock which is packed with outdoor games
- Collecting eggs from the owners’ chickens
Enjoy a fun-filled rural retreat to this converted medieval hall offering large group self-catering accommodation. Practise your aim with a spot of clay pigeon shooting, bookable directly with the owner, and get some tips from the accredited coach. Challenge the whole gang to games in the paddock, including badminton, netball and football. And little ones will adore helping the owner collect eggs from the resident chickens!
The Temple | Matlock Bath, Peak District – sleeps 34
- Enjoying a drink in your own private pub on site
- Creating a party atmosphere with the karaoke machine and piano
- Stargazing from one of the two hot tubs outside
If you’re looking for holiday homes for large groups where you have everything you need under one roof, this historic property will tick all your boxes. As well as boasting two hot tubs, a trampoline and BBQs in the garden, inside you’ll discover your very own pub complete with a pool table, air hockey and a music system. Enjoy a drink or two then fire up the karaoke machine to sing the night away!
Lodge 9 | Newquay, Cornwall – sleeps 8
- Getting your adrenaline pumping with the wake park and water zorbs
- Treating yourself to a relaxing day in the shared swimming pool and spa
- Unwinding in your own private hot tub back at the lodge
Offering large group accommodation with a swimming pool in Cornwall, this lovely lodge has a wide range of on-site activities to keep all ages delighted for days. Take to the water at the wake park, in the water zorbs or on stand-up paddleboards or keep it a little more sedate with a dip in the pool or a day in the spa. Also on site, you'll find a bar and restaurants, but if you fancy a little 'me' time, take yourself back to the lodge for a soak in the hot tub.
- Practising your serve on the tennis court
- Listening to the babbling stream from the private hot tub
- Discovering the secret sauna hidden in one of the turrets
This fairy-tale castle has more to offer its guest than meets the eye. The enchanting gardens offer plenty of room to explore, gradually revealing a hot tub, a tennis court and an unfenced stream as you explore them, with plenty of trails to explore by bike or on foot laying just beyond. But inside is where the castle becomes truly magical, with a decadent sauna squirrelled away in one of the turrets – close the door, shut out the rest of the world and relax in your private sanctuary.
- Getting competitive with the on-site tennis court and indoor games room
- Indulging with the spa treatments and catering which can be arranged with the owner
- Exploring the 3 acres of dog-friendly fields surrounding the house
Overlooking the gorgeous River Torridge in North Devon, this listed manor house offers big group accommodation with plenty of activities on hand. Challenge your fellow guests to a tournament on the tennis courts and take it inside to the games room to continue the fun. Kids will love the toddler play area while dogs will go nuts for the 3-acre enclosed field. Plus, you have the option of booking an additional hot tub, spa treatments and catering for a truly indulgent break in the Devon countryside.
- Enjoying the natural tranquillity with an afternoon of trout fishing
- Having fun in the large games room with ride-on toys for kids
- Playing a frame or two in the billiard room with its full-sized snooker table
Find fun and freedom at this magnificent manor house surrounded by 2,500 acres of the finest Devon countryside. Outside, you’re free to explore the orchard and stream, fish for trout on the River Yarty or roam the farmland. Inside, the exquisite Tudor panelled rooms are the setting for more fun, with a pool table, air hockey, table tennis, table football and even ride-on toys for the kids. Book the professional catering service to make this an even more special getaway.
If you’re planning an activity-packed group holiday in the UK, why not take a look at our complete range of large accommodation across the country? Our fantastic holiday homes for groups are perfect for an unforgettable break, whether you’re planning a luxurious pampering weekend, an action-packed sporty break or simply want a big old knees up! Take a look at our full collection below.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.