White Moss, Number 2, The Terrace Windermere is an extraordinary large party house in Windermere. Packed with character and charm White Moss is a great place for up to 12 friends or family to come together to chat, eat, drink and enjoy each others company without the constraints of "last-orders" or having to get up before the breakfast bar closes.
Designed by Augustus AWN Pugin for the Directors of the Kendal-Windermere Railway White Moss has always been a large holiday house in the Lake District. In days gone by the owners would invite their friends for the weekend to look at their beloved railway and enjoy a tipple or two. Not much has changed, nowadays groups of friends and family come together at White Moss to enjoy the Lake District and yes, enjoy a tipple or two!
The communal rooms in White Moss are exceptional. A lovely warm kitchen with 2 ovened AGA and second range cooker, a fabulous lounge with huge Chesterfield sofas and a magnificent dining room with Oak table and chairs make this an exceptional large party house in the Lake District.
When eventually get to bed this large party house in the Lake District has some lovely bedrooms, there are 4 on the first floor: Bedroom One has a lovely four-poster bed. Bedroom Two is a cosy single. Bedroom Three is a super-king. Bedroom four is a twin with an extra day bed. There is a family bathroom and a shower room on this floor.
There are 3 bath or shower rooms all lovely in their own way. The hot water system is pressurised so you should always get a decent soaking. There is a WOW! bathroom on the top floor with free-standing roll top bath. When you stay in any of our large houses to rent in Windermere we want you to lie back and enjoy the break!
At all of our large holiday homes to let in the Lake District we provide complimentary soaps and shampoos, fluffy towels and crisp white bedding. Each of the large cottages in Windermere are equipped with hotel standard cutlery and crockery.
Cooking and dining
- Dining table seats 12 and the kitchen table seats 5.
- Catering available for a special meal or throughout the weekend with waiting on and clear up.
- Drop-off meals available
- A conventional range cooker plus a 2 oven AGA.
- All cooking utensils, white hotel standard crockery, cutlery and glasses provided.
- Toaster and kettle.
- Large fridge freezer plus smaller in built fridge.
- Utility room with washer dryer and second sink.
- Gas fired central heating and pressurised hot water system throughout.
- Good dining, pubs, cafes and independent shops 500m
- Online deliveries, Tesco and Sainsbury's regularly deliver.
- Large plasma TV in lounge.
- Bose Companion 3 sound system to plug your phone or laptop into.
- Wood burning stoves in lounge and dining room.
- Lounge has leather Chesterfield sofas for 14 guests.
- DVD player in lounge.
- Rear courtyard area with outdoor furniture.
- Parking for 5 cars (more available round corner on road).
Please contact the owner for full availability and pricing.
The Terrace is right in the heart of Windermere, yet removed from the hustle of the town in a very secluded location. It’s a 500-yard walk to the centre of the village and even less to Booths supermarket. Lake Windermere and all its boating activities is a mile away.
- Walk up to the house from the door.
- Country pursuits available nearby, including clay pigeon shooting and archery.
- Walk to the lake in 15 minutes.
- Bike hire 100 metres away.
- Pampering and beauty treatments at the house.
- Cafes, bars, independent shops 500 metres.
- Booths supermarket 300 metres.
- Windermere Village 500 metres.
Nearest airport: Manchester, 1 hour away
Nearest station: Windermere, 500 yards away
- For an extra charge of £20 per dog, two well-behaved dogs are welcome, but must be kept out of bedrooms and off furniture and not locked in the house alone.
- Smoking is not permitted.
Arrival and departure
- Check in 4pm.
- Check out 10am.
- Linen, and towels.
- Wireless Internet.
- Utilities all gas and electric are included in the price.
- One basket of logs for the fire (October to April only).
- A starter amount of tea, coffee and sugar.
- One toilet roll per toilet.
- One travel cot (no bedding).
- One high chair.